Decluttering and organizing are rarely easy. They are not high on most people’s agendas. But if you can’t find the scissors in a cluttered junk drawer, and you’re tripping over
Top 10 Tips to Downsizing with Ease
Dated: October 6 2022
Making the decision to downsize is never an easy one. Where are you going to go? What are you going to do with all your treasured possessions? Where do you start? Here are the top 10 tips I give my clients when they are thinking of downsizing:
1. Begin the process when you are still active and healthy.
2. Explore where you want to live
3. Decide what your new lifestyle looks like.
4. Review your budget and what you can truly afford.
5. Now that you have an idea where you are going, start, at least 3 months ahead of time, organizing and deciding what to keep, give to the kids or donate.
6. Sell your high value items through an estate sale, consignment or auction.
7. Avoid getting overwhelmed.
8. Resist the temptation to rent a storage unit for those items that won’t fit into your new place, ‘just in case’.
9. Don’t wait until you are fully organized and your house is empty before putting it on the market.
10. Remember, a house is not a home, it is where you hang your hat.
Watch the full episode here: https://youtu.be/Tz6BM35xDO8
By the way, I’ve been in your shoes. I have downsized a number of times and each time it gets a bit easier. The items I have chosen to keep are either very sentimental, like my photographs and fine China or my favourite treasures, like my Art Work andcustom furniture. These are a few ways to make downsizing less stressful if you plan ahead, take it one step at a time and start the process while you are still healthy.Ready to make a move? Contact us today!#Calgary#eXpRealty#downsizing#Realtor#RealEstate#yycrealtor#yycliving#CalgaryLifestyle#CanadaTogether#CalgarytoCottage#calgarylife#yycbuzz#yyclife#yycrealestate#yyc
I offer concierge level service that you expect and deserve from a top notch specialist. Expertise, trustworthiness, customization and personalized solutions are essential in today's market. As an exp....
Latest Blog Posts
Living in a beach community has plenty of benefits. Perhaps the most noteworthy is having easy access to the water and the endless activities you can enjoy on the water. Of course, the laid-back
With homeowners across the country feeling the pinch of inflation, there’s no better time than now to take steps to reduce your electricity bill. When it comes to saving money on energy costs,